The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) announced that to help the B-School candidates in completing their MBA admission applications, GMAT exam can be taken online at home during global outbreak of COVID-19. GMAT Online At-Home Proctored Test will have a slightly different exam pattern and will be available across the world except in some countries.
This move comes in the wake of many leading US and European B-schools including Kellogg School, INSEAD, University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School etc announced waiver of GMAT/GRE score (f their test was cancelled) for upcoming MBA admissions. Earlier on March 23, 2020, Education Testing Service (ETS) announced at-home GRE test. Since the ETS announcement, thousands of test-takers have registered for GRE test, forcing its close rival GMAT to offer a similar option.
GMAC announced On April 14 on its website that it will offer “GMAT Online At-Home Test” exam which is an online and remote proctored developed solution to support candidates and schools during the disruption to test center-based delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic. GMAT Online exam is intended to primarily support candidates working to meet upcoming B-school application deadlines.
Highlights of GMAT Online At-Home Test
- MBA aspirants can register from April 14 to take the GMAT Online at home. The testing appointments are available from April 20 to June 15.
- While the exam time for GMAT online is 2 hours 45 minutes for the exam, there will be additional 15 minutes to check into the online proctored system.
- According to a US media report, “GMAC will use a live human proctor at check-in and through the entire process of taking the exam. A test-taker can click on the chat icon at the top of the screen to contact the proctor who will observe the test-taker through their webcam and computer microphone.”
- To enable comparability, the GMAT Online exam will have the same type and number of items and section times as the exam administered in test centers.
- It will also use the same scoring algorithm and score scale for the Section Scores and Total Score as the test center-based version.
- GMAC has also clarified that GMAT online exam scores are valid for 5 years.
- GMAT Online exam is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Candidates can schedule an exam appointment up to 24 hours before an available testing window. Appointment dates are available beginning April 20, 2020 until June 15, 2020.
- GMAT Online exam is available in most locations, but not in Mainland China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Slovenia due to “regulatory and local data privacy rules.”
- GMAT Online exam can be taken on both Windows and Mac personal computers and laptops.
GMAT Online Exam Pattern
GMAT Online At-Home test is slightly different from the exam administered in test centers. While GMAT online At-Home test includes the Quantitative, Verbal and Integrated Reasoning sections, it omits the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) Section. Each of these three section will contain the same number of questions and time per section as the offline GMAT in-person exam. The sections are as follows:
|Off-line In-person GMAT||Online GMAT|
Also, the Sectional Order for the GMAT Online exam is currently fixed as Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning.
GMAT Online Exam Fee
The online GMAT test costs $200 globally. This is cheaper than the test center version, which costs $275 in the United States and Canada. GMAC’s aim is to support test takers and business schools during this difficult time.
Please post your Queries or Comments regarding our articles in below comment box or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuned with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more and regular updates on Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams & Preparation among education and Career related information.