India’s premier Business school, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore has announced the launch of an advanced management programme for Family Business Owners from this academic year.
For over 13 years now, IIM Bangalore has been offering the Management Programme for Entrepreneurs and Family Businesses (MPEFB). More than 400 family business owners from diverse sectors have successfully completed it.
Many family business owners have sought an advanced programme due to the growing complexity in the business environment. IIM Bangalore to cater this requirement, responded with the Family Business Advanced Management (FAME) programme, with the goal to train the next generation of Indian family business owners with knowledge and skills to power their organizations to the next level.
Professors K. Kumar and Dalhia Mani, based on rigorous, cutting-edge research, pedagogy, and practical expertise have designed this programme.
Family Business Advanced Management Programme Important Dates
Application Deadlines: Early (Round 1) – 11 Feb 2020
Regular (Round 2) – 9 Mar 2020
Announcement of Early Decision: 20 Feb 2020
Payment Due: 27 Feb 2020
Announcement of Regular Decision: 20 Mar 2020
Payment Due: 27 Mar 2020
Course Commencement: 6 Apr 2020
Family Business Advanced Management Programme Structure
The programme structure takes into account the busy schedule of family business owners and comprises 21 days of on-campus in modules spread over six calendar months. The participants conceive and implement a business challenge in their enterprise through the course of the programme, with mentoring from IIMB faculty.
FAME Course Fees
- Non Residential fee is Rs. 8,53,000/- + GST (applicable rates) per participant.
- The residential fee is Rs. 9,26,500/- GST (applicable rates) per participant on twin sharing basis.
Financial assistance to SC-ST entrepreneurs and their ward for attending short term (1-30 days duration) training programs will be provided by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Government of India.
How to Apply for FAME Course?
Step 1: Access IIMB FAME page and apply online
Step 2: For the new users, register yourself
Step 3: Fill the requisite details and submit the application form online
Step 4: Await for the selection response
Step 5: Receive the offer letter/Regret letter by Institute
Step 6: If Offered, then pay the initial payment and then join the programme as scheduled
Selection Procedure for IIMB Advanced Management Programme for Family Business
- The number of participants for this programme is limited to a maximum of 25.
- The programme is highly selective. The expert committee will select the candidates for the programme based on the participant’s profile, the entrepreneurial journey, and the statement of purpose.
- All the applicants will have to be graduate with 5 years of experience after graduation. Those having the professional qualifications from the well known/reputed educational Institutions will be preferred.
- Participants are expected to have a track record as family business owners.
- All the aspirants will have to submit a 500-word statement of purpose (SOP) along with the application form.
IIMB FAME Programme Schedule
During the first six days from April 6, the students will focus on “understanding the business environment and yourself as a leader” theme. Classes on ‘Mastering functional management and formulating growth strategies’ theme will be held from June 1 to 6 and ‘Family Business Succession and Governance’ theme from July 6 to 8, and ‘Leading into the Future’ theme from 3 to 5 August 2020. Project presentations will be held from September 7 to 9, 2020.
On successful completion of the programme, a part-time programme certificate will be issued to the participants satisfying the programme requirements
The programme attracts participants from a wide-ranging spectrum of industries and sectors, the size ranging from small to medium-sized enterprises, and it provides a rich peer-learning experience. Participants also benefit from connects with IIMB alumni.
Please post your queries or comments regarding the “Advanced Management Programme for Family Businesses” in the below comment box.