The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level test for getting admission to Management programmes – MBA. The MAT exams held four times in a year that is in the month of February, May, September and in December. The registration process for MAT Dec 2018 will commence from Oct. 5, 2018. Interested and eligible candidates need to register for MAT Dec 2018 attempt before the last date i.e November 23, 2018 (for PBT) and December 08, 2018 (for CBT).
The MAT scores are presumed by more than 600 management institutes in the country. The MAT exam is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) since 1988. In 2003 Government of India, Ministry of Human Resources and Development approved MAT as a national level test. The interested candidates can find details about MAT exam in this article given below.
Mode of Test
In MAT there are two modes of tests are there one is offline and the other one is online. There are two modes of tests in MAT one is PBT (Paper Based Test) and other is CBT (Computer Based Test). Candidates can choose any of the modes of examination or they can apply it for both.
For the December term examination the date of registration will be open from October 5, 2018 for its first phase for PBT exam and ends on November 23, 2018, while the online registration for MAT CBT mode will ends on December 8, 2018. The exam time duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes and PBT will be conducted from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
MAT Dec 2018 Exam Schedule
|Activity||Paper Based Test (PBT)||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Registration Starts||2nd Week of October 2018||2nd Week of October 2018|
|Registration Ends||November 23, 2018||December 8, 2018|
|Admit card Download starts||November 24, 2018||December 11, 2018|
|Admit Card download closes||December 2, 2018||December 16, 2018|
|MAT Exam Dates (Sunday)||December 2, 2018||December 16, 2018|
|MAT Result Date||Third Week of Dec. 2018||Third Week of Dec. 2018|
MAT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in any discipline from an official university.
- Candidates who are in their final years are also eligible for MAT exams.
- There is no age limit for the MAT exam.
MAT Exam Pattern
There are 200 objective type questions divided into five subjects. Each and every question carries one mark and 1/4th marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer (negative markings exists). The time allotted for the examination is two hours and thirty minutes (2:30 hrs). Below given is the table which will help you understanding the MAT exam pattern.
|S.no.||Section||No. of Questions||Time (in minutes)|
|1||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|3||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5||Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
The five sections which are described in the exam pattern are given below in the detail. The below-given list is the syllabus for MAT 2018.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency– Graphs, Charts, Bar Graphs, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Tables etc.
- Language Comprehension– Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Verbal Reasoning, Analogies, Odd man out, Sentence correction & completion, Antonyms, Idioms etc.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning– Mathematical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Coding and Decoding, Family Tree, Effect and Cause, Sequencing etc.
- Mathematical Skills– Geometry, Number System, Functions, Date and Time, Progression, Algebra, Averages, Ration and Proportions etc.
- Indian and Global Environment– Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Geography, History, Sports, Entertainment, Politics, Science, Awards, Business etc.
MAT Dec 2018 Registration
The registration forms are available from October 5, 2018, for MAT examination which is going to be held in December 2018. The registration forms can be filled online at the official link for MAT December 2018 exam. Online registration forms will need Candidate Valid Email id, digital image of the Candidate’s photograph ( 50 to 100 kb) and signature of the candidate (10 to 25 kb).
The application fee payment can be paid online by using a debit/credit card or net banking. The examination fee for Paper Based test (PBT) and Computer Based Test (CBT) is Rs. 1550 individually.
Applicants can give exam in both the modes- offline and the online, in that case the registration fees will be Rs. 2650.
Selection Procedure Through MAT Score
MAT Score is acceptable to B-Schools for considering admission the candidates for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programmes, subject to specific cut-off marks and other admission parameters.
The selection procedure mainly comprises of group discussion (GD), personal interview (PI) and written ability test (WAT). Every management institutes have their own selection process.
The final selection process is based on the performance of the candidate in the selection rounds.
Preparation Tips for MAT Dec 2018
Some tips can be useful for cracking the MAT Dec 2018 exam. We have mentioned some below points that will help you improve your preparation strategy and better MAT Score
- Use the previous questions papers for practice.
- Practising the mock test will also help you get the idea about the exam pattern.
- In total there are five sections to be prepared so time management is very important in order to prepare and appear all these sections in the exam.
- The timetable should be planned efficiently to have proper time to prepare all the sections.
- Attempt the questions which you fully believed to be correct because negative marking is there in MAT.
- The main tip is for study material – chooses the right study material because there is a variety of range in the market.
- At last, during preparation and exam take good sleep, maintain your health and stay healthy.
Have any doubts regarding “MAT Dec 2018 Registration: Check Exam Schedule, Exam Pattern, Preparation Tips”, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or post your comments or queries in the below comment box.
All the best Aspirants to Prepare MAT Dec 2018 Well !!
Connect with us for more updates on Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.
Stay connected for World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.