The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ICAI allows Corrections in CA Exam application form. ICAI provides Online facility for seeking a change of Centre/Group/Medium for appearing in CA examinations. We hereby sharing the process, fees for how to make the corrections in CA Exam application form, latest updates from ICAI on this facility.
This online facility, for making change of Centre/Group/Medium for appearing in CA exams requests is introduced by the ICAI from May 2015 examination, with a view to providing an opportunity to the candidates to correct errors (modification), if any, committed while submitting the examination application form, in those fields.
Earlier, this facility was hitherto available to the candidates in two sessions, as follows:
- Correction Window I, (open for about a week), where candidates can make such requests without payment of any fee, soon after the last date for submission of online exam forms with late fee closes, i.e. before the issue of admit cards.
- Correction Window II, where candidates can make such requests after the issue of admit cards, subject to certain guidelines in place for a fee of Rs 1000/-.
It is hereby informed that ICAI has now been decided to discontinue the online facility of Correction Window II, which opens after the issue of admit cards. Now, Candidates would henceforth not be able to seek a change of centre/Group/medium through Correction Window II.
However, Correction Window I facility will continue to be available for the students to submit their requests for change of centre/group/medium, without payment of any fee as per dates hosted under “Important Dates” on https://icaiexam.icai.org.
Process for Seeking Online Corrections In CA Exam Application Form
When the “Correction Window I ” is open, Candidates are permitted to correct errors related to Centre/Group/Medium/Syllabus/Elective paper opted, etc., in the data hosted in the application.
- The online window for seeking a change of Centre/Group/Medium will be available at https://icaiexam.icai.org. Manual applications for the same will not be entertained.
- A candidate while applying for change of Centre/Group/Medium will be required to apply through their dashboard.
- The candidate will be required to upload a scanned copy of a handwritten/typed application duly signed by them for required change/correction in the application form.
- A confirmation will be displayed on the screen, upon successful submission of the request. It is made clear by the Institute that this confirmation does not mean that the request has been approved.
Modifications Permitted through Correction Window-I
- A change may include change of Centre/Zone/Group/Medium/Syllabus/Elective paper.
- Candidates will be permitted to change the Group opted, i.e., from single Group to both Groups.
- Candidates are also permitted for the change of Centre opted, i.e., from an Indian Centre to Overseas Centre. Such candidates need to pay the differential examination fee online through the payment gateway.
- While submitting the exam form, if a candidate has made an error in choosing the correct syllabus (Old or New Course), then it can be corrected through this window. However, this is not a platform for seeking Course conversion from Old to the New syllabus.
- If a candidate passed any Group under verification but he/she has already applied for the same in the CA Examination application form, then such candidates who wish to change the Group in which they would like to appear in the exam can be done by sending an e-mail to Institute, attaching, scanned copy of a handwritten request giving complete details. However, no claim for refund of exam fee already paid will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates MUST note that applications for changes sought shall be permitted only once. After successful submission of the option for a change, he/she cannot go back to his/her earlier choice or seek another change.
- Candidates will be able to see the reflection of changes sought and accepted in their CA Examination admit cards.
Under any circumstances, No change of centre/zone/group/medium will be considered after the issue of admit cards. Students must NOTE that there will be No Correction Window-II from November 2019 examination and onwards. All the above arrangement will be effective for submission of examination application forms relating to November 2019 attempt and onwards.
If you have any query about Corrections In CA Exam Application Form – Procedure, fees, Eligibility etc then either leave the comment in below Comment box or post on AfterGraduation Forum.
Connect with us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on ICAI CA Exams & Results, CS, CMA, Other Professional Courses, Post Qualification Courses and their preparation, Higher Education, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information.