The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) awards the certificate of bestowing the designation of Company Secretary (CS) to a candidate qualifying for the membership of the Institute. This article is to share the basic information about the CS Course – Foundation, Executive and Professional Subjects, Examination pattern, Qualifying marks Roles, training, and other details for the CS aspirants.
Subjects For CS Course
- There are 4 papers in CS Foundation Programme
- There are 7 papers divided into 2 Modules in CS Executive Programme
- There are 8 papers divided into 4 Modules in CS Professional Programme
1. Foundation Programme [4 papers]
- Business Environment and Law
- Business Management, Ethics & Entrepreneurship
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
2. Executive Programme [7 Papers]
Module I (4 Papers)
- Company Law
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Economic and Commercial Laws
Module II (3 Papers)
- Company Accounts and Auditing Practices
- Capital Markets and Securities Laws
- Industrial, Labour and General Laws
3. Professional Programme [8 Papers]
Module I (2 Papers)
- Company Secretarial Practice·
- Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
Module II (2 Papers)
- Financial, Treasury and Forex Management
- Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency
Module III (2 Papers)
- Strategic Management, Alliances and International Trade
Module IV (2 Papers)
- Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management
- Governance, Business Ethics and Sustainability
Fee Structure for CS Course
|CS Foundation Programme||Rs.4500/-|
|CS Executive Programme||Rs.9000/- for Commerce Graduates|
|Rs 12,500/- for CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA|
|Rs 10,000/- for Non-Commerce Students|
|Rs 8,500/- for CS Foundation passed students|
|CS Professional Programme||Rs.12,000/-|
Concessional discount in the fees is provided to Students from reserved category.
CS Course Examination
- An examination is conducted twice a year in the month of June and December.
- Examination Fee
- Foundation Programme – Rs. 1200/-
- Executive Programme – Rs. 1200/- per Module
- Professional Programme – Rs. 1200/- per Module
Last date for Submission of Application for Appearing in the Examination
- 25th March (with late fee of Rs. 250/- until 9th April) for June month attempt.
- 25th September (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 10th October) for December month attempt.
Medium of Examination
The Institute allows the facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi. (Except Business Communication subject of Foundation Program)
Qualifying Marks for CS Course
A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation / Executive / Professional examination if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
ICSI Oral Tutions Guidelines/PPP Guidelines
Under the revised guidelines 30 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Foundation / 35 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Executive / 40 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Professional Programme has been made mandatory.
The Council, with the approval of Central Government and after following the due process has modified the training structure for the students of Company Secretaryship course. The modified training structure shall be applicable to:-
(i) a student registered to the Executive Programme on or after 1st April 2014; and
(ii) a student registered to the Executive Programme on or before 31st March 2014, if (s)he opts for the modified training structure in lieu of the earlier structure.
The brief details of the earlier training structure and the modified training structure is as under:
|Components of Training||Earlier Training Structure||Modified Training Structure|
|Computer Training||Seventy hours||Not Applicable|
|Student Induction Programme||Seven days||Not Applicable|
|Executive Development Programme||Eight days||Not Applicable|
|Long Terms Internship with specified entities||Fifteen months (After passing Executive Programme)||Three years on registration to Executive Programme;
Two years after passing the Executive Programme;
One year after passing the Professional Programme.
|Professional Development Programme||Twenty-five hours||Not Applicable|
|Training with specialised agency||Fifteen days||Not Applicable|
|Management Skills Orientation Programme||Fifteen days||Fifteen days|
Here you got the details about CS Course – Foundation, Executive and Professional Programme Exam, Subject, Fees, Training Schedule and other. Post your queries, feedback/comments regarding CS Course and above provided details on our Aftergraduation Forum to be discussed. Connect with us for latest updates through Facebook and Twitter.