Swachhta Ranking Award for Higher Educational Institutions (HEI) has been announced today, 01 October 2018 by the Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Prakash Javadekar and MOS, HRD Dr Satyapal Singh in an event. Swachh Campus Rankings 2018 are given to those Universities, Institutes and Colleges for their dedicated efforts for Swachhta Abhiyan.
Best 51 Institutions were selected for the top rankings in 8 different categories for Swachh Campus Rankings 2018 Award. The Maharishi Dayanand University of Haryana has been ranked the cleanest government university by the MHRD followed by the Guru Nanak Dev University of Punjab.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham of Tamil Nadu’s Coimbatore regained its top position for Technical Institutions/Universities (Residential) category followed by IIT Guwahati. MCMDAV College for Women of Chandigarh has earned 1st rank in the Swachh Campus Rankings 2018 of College (Residential) category while Sri Parasakhti College of Education for Women, Tamil Nadu got top rank in College (Non-residential) category.
The Swachhata Rankings of Higher Education Institutions, launched last year is a significant annual exercise as part of the Swachhata drive of the Government. The Rankings are intended to lead towards more hygienic and ecologically responsible campuses through generating healthy competition amongst institutions and awarding the best of them.
As compared to last year, the parameters of hygiene have been modified to encompass certain additional features, which are essential in a dynamic environment where cleanliness standards are witnessing new benchmarks, to prepare the 1st Swachh Campus Rankings 2018.
Swachh Campus Rankings 2018 Methodology
The ranking has been done for the Institute on the basis of multiple factors such as Toilets adequacy & maintenance, waste disposal methods i.e Garbage clearance systems, Hostel Kitchen hygiene & sophistication of equipment, Water purity, storage, distribution facility, Campus greenery & Rainwater harvesting, Use of solar systems, and Village or neighbourhood adoption for hygiene.
One of the most important criteria was the student/toilet ratio along with a running water supply for at least 15 hours. Also, a certain weightage is given to the institutions if they have adopted any neighbouring locality or village to spread awareness & activities in Swachhta Abhiyaan.
Institutions were shortlisted as per criteria and officials from UGC and AICTE inspected the premises of all nominated and shortlisted institutions. Finally, the top 51 institutions across various categories like Universities, Technical Institutions, Colleges and Government institutions separately for Residential and Non-residential were selected and they were awarded on the occasion.
Swachh Campus Rankings 2018: Under Different Categories
A) Technical Institutions/Universities (Residential)
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam
- Shiksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University (SOA University), Odisha
- Indraprastha Institute of Information and Technology, New Delhi
- Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Deemed University, Maharashtra
- NIIT University, Rajasthan
- Kalasalingam Academy Of Research and Higher Education, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Tamil Nadu
- Atal Behari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information, Technology and Management, Madhya Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu.
B) Technical College (Residential)
- Panimalar Engineering College, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Sai Ram Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Shanmugha College of Engineering and Technology, Salem, Tamil Nadu
- National Institute of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), Haryana
- ABES Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
C) Technical College (Non-Residential)
- Easwari Engineering College, Tamil Nadu
- Christ Institute of Management, Uttar Pradesh
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission’s Medical College, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Sri Nandhanam College of Engineering and Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Onkar College of Pharmacy, Sanjuma, Punjab
D) Government Universities
- Maharishi Dayanand University, Haryana
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi
- Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Andhra Pradesh
E) University (Residential)
- Symbiosis International University, Maharashtra
- O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat, Haryana
- K.L.E. Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Manipal University Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Reva University, Karnataka
- Shiv Nadar University, Uttar Pradesh
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
- Dravidian University, Andhra Pradesh
- Koneru Lakshmaiah Educational Foundation, Andhra Pradesh
F) University (Non-Residential)
- ITM University, Chhattisgarh
- The Northcap University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Dr C V Raman University, Chhattisgarh
- R K University, Gujarat
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, Delhi
G) College (Residential)
- MCMDAV College for Women, Chandigarh
- PSG College of Arts and Science, Tamil Nadu
- St. Aloysius College, Karnataka
- Sri Krishna Arts and Science College, Tamil Nadu
- G D C memorial College, Bahal, Haryana
H) College (Non-Residential)
- Sri Parasakhti College of Education for Women, Tamil Nadu
- Prince Academy of Higher Education, Rajasthan
- Prince Shikshak Prashikshan, Rajasthan
- Mahendhra College of Education, Tamil Nadu
- Kautilya Mahila T T College, Nayagaon, Rajasthan
Share your feedback and comments regarding ‘Swachh Campus Rankings 2018: Swachhta Rankings Awards For Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)’ in the below comment box.
Connect with us for all the latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.