The QS Asia University Rankings 2021 have been announced and a total of 107 Indian Varsities have been ranked among the total 650 Universities selected. However, no Indian institute secured a spot among the top 10 Asian Universities. The National University of Singapore (NUS) bagged as Asia’s best university for the third consecutive year.
QS (Quacquarelli Symonds), a global higher education think-tank and compilers of the world’s most-consulted university rankings portfolio, have released the QS Asia University Rankings 2021 for the continent’s best higher education institutions.
The top-10 list doesn’t feature any Indian university however 7 have secured a rank among the top 100. The top three Indian universities to feature on the Asia Rankings are the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (Rank 47), IIT Delhi (Rank 50), and IIT Madras (Rank 56).
The QS World University Rankings 2021 for higher education institutes across the world were released on June 10 and no Indian institute had secured a position among the top 100 universities of the world. Like last year’s QS rankings, IIT Bombay, Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru, and IIT Delhi featured in the top 200 list.
QS Asia University Rankings 2021 Methodology
For the Asia-specific version released on November 23, QS compared the top 650 universities in Asia across eleven key indicators of university performance, which capture academic standing, graduate employability, research quality, web presence, internationalization on campus, and the diversity of each institution’s international collaborations.
Top 10 QS Asia University Rankings 2021
1. National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
2. Tsinghua University, China (Mainland)
3. Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
4. University of Hong Kong (HKU), Hong Kong SAR
5. Zhejiang University, China (Mainland)
6. Fudan University, China (Mainland)
7. Peking University, China (Mainland)
8. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong SAR
9. Universiti Malaya (UM), Malaysia
10. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (Mainland)
QS Asia University Rankings 2021: Top countries with most ranked universities
The 650 top universities of Asia as per QS come from 18 locations and the most represented is Mainland China with 124 ranked universities. Also, Japan has more universities in the top 50 of the ranking (11 universities) than any other nation, location, or territory.
The top 8 countries with the most universities are:
- Mainland China (124)
- India (107)
- Japan (105)
- South Korea (88)
- Taiwan (43)
- Pakistan (40)
- Malaysia (35)
- Indonesia (30)
Top 10 Universities from India: QS Asia University Rankings 2021
India doesn’t have a great score in the QS Asia University Rankings 2021. It lost out due to research quality not matching its quantity. The teaching capacity and employability scores of Indian universities are also a reason behind the low rankings.
Nevertheless, as per research productivity, six universities out of the top 10 in Asia are from India. Here are the top 10 Indian universities among the QS Asia University Rankings 2021:
1. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Rank: 47
2. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), Rank: 50
3. Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), Rank: 56
4. Indian Institute of Science, Rank: 58
5. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-KGP), Rank: 71
6. University of Delhi, Rank: 72
7. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK), Rank: 81
8. Jawaharlal Nehru University, Rank: 103
9. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR), Rank: 117
10. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Rank: 142
Here you got the information about QS Asia University Rankings 2020. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article in below comment box.
Connect with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on Admission, Placements, and other information of Institutes, latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams among education-related information.