The Airport Authority of India (AAI) has announced the recruitment for Junior Executive in Civil, Electrical and Electronics disciplines. Candidates who have valid GATE 2016 scores are only eligible to apply for the AAI recruitment. AAI has been conferred with the Mini Ratna Category – I Status.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for AAI Recruitment through online application form from September 18, 2017. Candidates have to pay recruitment application fee Rs 300 (reserved category, female and PwD candidates are exempt) online. The last date to apply for the AAI recruitment through GATE 2016 is October 17, 2017.
Candidates will be shortlisted and selected on the basis of their GATE 2016 scores. They will be required to report for document verification if called after shortlisting for final selection. Check the complete details of the application deadline, how to apply, eligibility parameters, Selection procedure and more regarding the AAI Recruitment through GATE.
AAI Recruitment through GATE Quick Facts
Name of PSU
|Airport Authority of India (AAI)|
|Disciplines||Civil, Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|No of vacancies||200|
|Application Fee||Rs.300/- (Rs. Three Hundred only) through ONLINE MODE ONLY.
SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates are exempted from payment of the fee.
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
Scale of Pay
|Rs.16400-3%-40500 (E-1) Emoluments: In addition to Basic Pay, increment @ 3% of Basic Pay per annum, Dearness Allowance, Perks @ 46% of Basic Pay, HRA and Other benefits which includes CPF, Gratuity, Social Security Schemes, Medical Benefits, uniform allowance etc., are admissible as per AAI rules. The Cost to Company per annum would be around Rs. 7.2 lakhs approximately for the post of Junior Executive respectively. The Pay package is due for revision as per DPE guidelines under the 3rd PRC .|
|Service Bond||Selected Candidates for the post of Junior Executive (Electronics) shall have to execute a surety bond for an amount of Rupees five (5) lakh to serve Airports Authority of India (AAI) for a period of three years after completion of training.|
READ Too: PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2018 Score
AAI Recruitment Vacancy Details
Important Dates For AAI Recruitment
|1||AAI application Start date||September 18, 2017|
|2||Last date for AAI application||October 17, 2017|
|3||Shortlisting and Document verification||To be verified|
Eligibility Criteria for AAI Recruitment through GATE 2016
|1||Nationality||Only Indians can apply|
|2||Qualifying Examination||Candidates must have cleared a full-time 4 years bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized/deemed university or from an apex Institution i.e. IIT recognized by Government of India|
|3||Pass Percentage||Candidates should have secured at least 6o% aggregate marks|
|4||Age Limit as on September 30, 2017||The maximum age limit for the General category candidates is 27 years. The minimum age allowed is 18 years
Relaxation to different category candidates as per government guidelines
OBC Candidates: Not more than 30 years.
SC/ST Candidate: Not more than 32 years.
Ex-servicemen: age relaxation as prescribed by Govt. of India orders issued from time-to-time.
J&K Candidates domiciled during the period 01.01.80 to 31.12.1989: not more than 32 years.
|6||NOC||All candidates employed in Government/Semi- Government/Central/State Government Departments/Public Sector Undertakings are required to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer during the interview if they are shortlisted.|
AAI Recruitment Eligible GATE Disciplines
|S.No.||Discipline in THDC||Qualifying Disciplines allowed||GATE Paper Code|
|1||Electronics Engineering||Electronics/ Telecommunications/ Electrical with specialization in Electronics||EC|
|3||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||EE|
|6||Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering||CE|
AAI Recruitment Application Form
Before applying for the post online, the candidate should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility and other norms. Also, all the instructions given on main instruction page of the online application should be read carefully before applying online.
The application is online and candidates need to upload their signature and photograph along with along with other requisite information. The steps to fill the application form for AAI recruitment through GATE 2016 is detailed below
Documents/Details Required While Filling AAI Recruitment Application Form
|Recent passport size photograph in colour||Dimensions: 200 x 230 pixels only
File Size: 20kb-50kb
|Signature in black ink||Dimensions: 140 x 60 pixels only
File Size: 10kb-20kb
|Educational Qualification||Details with percentage of marks/GATE Score Card|
|SC/OBC-NCL Candidates||Caste/Category Certificate|
|Ex-Serviceman Candidates||Discharge Certificate|
How to Apply AAI Recruitment Application Form
- Candidates are required to apply On-line through the link available on www.aai.aero under tab “CAREERS”. No other means/mode of submission of applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
- Candidates must sign up to register by entering the post.
- Next, they should fill in their GATE Year, Paper, Registration Number, All India Rank (AIR), Score and Marks (out of 100)
- They must enter personal details – their name, a valid Email ID and mobile number
- After successful registration, a username and password generated by the system will be sent to the candidate’s registered Email ID.
- After logging in, candidates should fill up their personal, academic and other details as required.
- Candidates must upload their signature and photograph as instructed. The dimensions and specifications for the same are given above.
- They must check the details before final submission.
- They must submit the form and wait for 24 hours to make the payment
- Candidates must wait for 24 hours after submission of the application form to make the payment link active.
- The application fees need to be paid online through Internet Banking/Debit/Credit Card only from State Bank Collect System.
- After successful submission, a 10 digit Transaction Reference Number starting with “DU” will generate, note and retain that for future reference.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form to be furnished if shortlisted.
- Screening and eligibility will be based on the details provided by the candidate.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of GATE Marks will be called directly for document verification which will be held at Corporate Headquarters in New Delhi.
- Candidates who are shortlisted will be sent the call letter for document verification to their registered email ID.
- They must report to AAI for document verification on the specified dates as mentioned in the call letters with a copy of the call letter.
- Candidates must carry their Original Certificates along with a proof of identity and one set of self-attested photocopies of the Certificates.
- After finalization of the verification, the selection will be made on the basis of a merit list prepared using the GATE 2016 marks of the applied candidates.
- Selected candidates will be sent appointment letters subject to verification of various original documents relating to Age, Qualifications, Caste & Medical fitness certificate.
Candidates are advised to apply online much before the closing date of application and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fees to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the AAI’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam/disconnection. If you have any queries and comments regarding AAI recruitment through GATE, please post on Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to discuss.