The Directorate of Advanced Studies of ”Institute of Cost Accountants of India” previously known as ”Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India” has invited the online application from Engineers for the Executive Diploma in Cost & Management Accounting December 2018 session.
ICMAI (ICAI) provide advanced knowledge and specialized training in various areas of Cost & Management Accounting, including finance and other allied subjects for the challenging professional career.
In today’s world, the profession of conventional accounting and auditing has taken a back seat and cost and management accountants are increasingly contributing toward the management of scarce resources and apply strategic decisions. This has opened up the further scope and tremendous opportunities for cost accountants in India and abroad.
AfterGraduation here provides the details about the “Executive Diploma in Cost & Management Accounting for Engineers” Course – Eligibility Criteria, Learning Outcomes, Details of the Course, Course Fees, Evaluation procedure, Course duration and others.
About the Executive Diploma in Cost & Management Accounting for Engineers Course:
- In the modern competitive business environment, suitable business decision making is very crucial. All professionals irrespective of their domain expertise needed to understand the commercial aspects of the business, to contribute effectively and efficiently to the strategic business decision making.
- Engineers being the frontline technocrats, are a part of the team for taking various commercial decisions in the interest of the organization, which requires adequate expertise to understand the various facets of Cost, Finance, Taxation, Business Laws and other such aspects.
- This course has been specifically designed for Engineers to synergize their domain expertise with the commercial link in a most practical oriented manner.
Who can be Benefitted from the Course:
- Engineering Graduates of any discipline
- Frontline Technocrats
- Decision makers on the Shop Floor
- Engineers working on Commercial propositions like Bidding and Evaluations, Maintenance, Quality Engineering, Cost Engineering, etc.
- Those who are interested to have a competitive advantage in their Engineering career by acquiring basic knowledge of cost & management accountancy, finance, and corporate laws.
The curriculum aims to make the participants:
- Understand and make use of the framework of costing in various managerial decisions.
- Determination of products and services cost.
- Understand the framework of accounting systems and financial reporting.
- Gather fair knowledge of important ratios and their applications, working capital management
- Understand the fundamentals of contracts, agreements relevant to business/Commercial decisions.
- To gain working knowledge of indirect taxes and application of the same in the industry.
- To get an insight into treasury management, debtors management, inventory management, understand risk, their mitigation, and management.
- Understand the essentials of project management.
- Engineering Graduates of any discipline (BE, B.Tech)/Final Year Engineering Students (Executive Diploma will be awarded only after obtaining Engineering Degree)
- Working Experience of 1-2 years will be added advantage.
- Admission will be online only through Payment Gateway system.
- For admission please visit the Institute’s website www.icmai.in and Advanced Studies Portal. Interested and eligible candidates can apply directly at this link – https://cmaicmai.in/advscc/Home.aspx
- There will be no offline mode of admission.
Course Duration and Modalities:
- Total: 5 Modules (500 marks) + Project Work (Grade system)
- Course Duration: 6 months
- Course Fee: INR 50,000/- (including registration and study material) + Applicable GST
- Special Discount for CMA Live Members: For CMAs having a live membership of the Institute will be given 20% special discount on the course fee.
- Examination: Twice in a year (June and December)
- Minimum pass mark: 50. Marks above 60 in a subject will qualify for an exemption in that subject.
- Re-registration with a fee of INR 3,000/- after 3 years of initial admission.
- Study Materials and sample question papers for each subject will be provided.
- 20 hours Webinars and 10 hours off-line Contact Classes for each module.
- Contact Classes will be held at Bangaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune in weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) on a full-time basis.
Module I – Costing Principles & Practices and Financial Accounting
Module II – Contract Management and Industrial Laws, Commercial Laws & Company Law
Module III – Indirect Taxation (GST & Customs Law) and Project Management
Module IV – Treasury & Financial Services and Insurance & Risk Management
Module V – Advanced Cost & Financial Management and Management Reporting
Project Dissertation & Presentation
- Study Materials, Webinar, Online Mock Test, PPT, Case Studies, Lecture Notes
- Best Faculty Members from Academia/Industry/Profession
- Online Examination
- Executive Diploma on successful completion of Course
Evaluation Mechanism and Fees:
- Participants will be evaluated through written examination.
- The examination will be conducted by the Examination Department of the Institute twice in a year along with other examinations.
- The participants will be evaluated for each module of the course.
- The participants who will score 50 percent or more in the examination for each module and will obtain B or higher grade in the project will be awarded the Diploma in Valuation by the Institute.
- Grades will be awarded for project work and will not be included in calculating aggregate marks.
- Examination fee (excluding Project) is INR 3000/- per attempt.
- In addition, an amount of INR 1000/- will be charged for the Project assignment.
Here you got the details about ICAI (ICMAI) Advanced Studies Course “Executive Diploma in Cost & Management Accounting by ICMAI for Engineers”. Have any doubts or comments, you can post either on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Connect with us for more updates, follow Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.