Indian School of Business (ISB) has invited the application for its one year Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Management Class of 2019 with Cycle 1 deadline on October 15, 2017, for its Hyderabad and Mohali Campus. ISB One Year MBA is for professionals to take a break in the middle of their career and transform their careers by expanding their existing thought process and refining their goals and objectives. ISB carefully-crafted one-year programme incorporates practical industry applications with a rigorous, cutting-edge, research-based curriculum.
Interested and eligible candidate can apply ISB One Year MBA in either of two admission cycle – cycle 1 and cycle 2. The final offer decision for Cycle 1 will be on December 5. Cycle 2 has January 15, 2018, deadline for final offer decision on March 5, 2018. The acceptance date is 10 days from the date of the offer.
|CYCLE 1||CYCLE 2|
|Application Deadline||October 15, 2017||January 15, 2018|
|Final Offer Decision||December 05, 2017||March 05, 2018|
|Acceptance Date||10 days from the date of the offer|
Though applying in either cycle does not impact the chances of securing an admission offer but it improves chances of receiving a Scholarship from ISB. The Institute offers full tuition fee waivers only to Cycle 1 applicants. Also, they stand to receive 50% of all merit and need-based waivers.
ISB follows a rolling evaluation process for non-Indian origin applicants to complete their Visa formalities in time. Their application is evaluated and their admission decision is communicated within six weeks of receiving the completed application.
To be considered an ISB One Year MBA PGP applicant for the Class of 2019, an applicant should have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Valid GMAT / GRE score
- At least 24 months of full time work experience by March 31, 2018
- TOEFL / IELTS / PTE score (only if the language of instruction at undergraduate study level is not English)
To apply under the Early Entry Option for a deferred admission, you will need to have a Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline, valid GMAT / GRE score, less than 24 months of full-time work experience by March 31, 2018. TOEFL / IELTS / PTE score (only if the language of instruction at undergraduate study level is not English).
The Early Entry Option allows recent graduates with less than 24 months of full-time work experience to secure their admission to the ISB PGP. Candidates selected will secure a deferred admission and will be eligible to join the PGP upon completing at least 24 months of full-time work experience.
Selection Process for ISB One Year MBA Admission
Each eligible applicant to the Post Graduate Programme in Management at the Indian School of Business is holistically evaluated on the following parameters:
- The applicants are evaluated on the basis of sound academic credentials on their ability to cope with the rigour of the programme, based on past academic performance and your performance in the GMAT/GRE exam. This means that the school considers your 12th standard grades, graduation grades, post graduation and certification scores- wherever applicable along with the overall GMAT/GRE score. However, no “cut off” criteria are applied to either the academic credentials or the GMAT/GRE score.
- Applicants are also evaluated on the basis of their leadership potential, the impact they have made in the past professional and personal life. The initiatives that the applicant may have taken, the responsibilities handled and the career progression achieved till date will be assessed. The one professional evaluation (i.e. recommendation) which forms an important part of the application also helps in gauging the leadership potential of the applicant in a professional setting.
- The school aims to put together versatile and well-rounded individuals who can contribute to the society in positive and meaningful ways. The School encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to become part of the Post Graduate Programme in Management. In essence, it means people who can bring different perspectives to the class and appreciate a different point of view. Applicant’s extracurricular activities and interests beyond their work life give an insight on their personal qualities.
The School encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to become part of the PGP. “Diversity in all form of life, like work experience, educational background, nationality, among others is given due consideration,” ISB says.
How to Apply?
You will need to sign up to get started with your application. We urge you to read up the complete and detailed information to ensure an error free and efficient way of filling the application. If you are reapplying to the ISB, you must create a fresh login and password. Click here to Apply
Fees (Excluding all Taxes)
The admission fee, which is non-refundable is Rs 2,50,000 payable within 10 days of receipt of the offer of admission. Tuition Fee of INR 22,50,000 can be paid in a single installment or in two installments. Charges of the Living fee, Alumni Fee, Insurance, books and other expenses have to be paid in one or two installments as decided by the Institute.
To reward exceptional PGP applicants and to support deserving candidates with limited financial resources, the Indian School of Business awards several tuition fee waivers. These waivers vary in amount from INR 5 Lakh to full tuition fee and are disbursed either on merit or need-based criteria. These scholarships are awarded to candidates during admission or after enrollment, at the discretion of the AdCom or the corporate donor.
The current class of ISB One Year MBA has a total 879 students on the rolls, with 604 in Hyderabad campus and 275 in Mohali. Females constitute 31% as against 69% overall cohort. Mohali, however, has 32% female and 68% male students.
As far as academic background, engineers make up 69% of the class in Hyderabad, 73% in Mohali and 70% overall. Non- Engineers comprise 31% of the class in Hyderabad, 27% in Mohali and overall 30%.
The age is the range of 22-43 in Hyderabad and 22-44 in Mohali. Work Experience falls in the range of 2–23 years in Hyderabad, 2–19 years in Mohali and overall 2–23 years. The average is 4.6 years, 4.7 years and 4.6 years respectively.
The GMAT scores are in the range of 600–780 with the overall average score at 707. It is 705 in Hyderabad and 708 in Mohali. The GRE Range is 315-334 in Hyderabad 303-335 in Mohali and overall 303-335. The average works out to be 323, 325 and 324 respectively.
Here you got the details about ISB One Year MBA PGP 2019 Admission details. Have any doubts or queries regarding “Applications Open For ISB One Year MBA PGP 2019 Admission“, you can discuss with us via the AfterGraduation Forum. Connect with us for all latest updates on Facebook and Twitter also.