Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is one of the relatively preferred branches in GATE exam along with ME, CSE, Chemical, EE, CE and IN. GATE 2019 Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) exam is going to be held during February 2-3 and February 9-10, 2019 and will be organised by IIT Madras.
GATE, i.e, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance examination for students who are interested in the admission for Master’s programs, direct Doctoral programs with MHRD scholarship in IITs, IISc, NITs etc and also some other colleges without MHRD scholarship. The score obtained is also used as recruitment parameter by many Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) such as BSNL, NTPC, ONGC, Airport Authority of India etc.
After completing B.Tech or B.E, most of the students who want to make their career in research and development, they look forward to masters. Getting a master’s degree from reputed universities like IIT, IISC etc. increases the importance and knowledge of his field. When anyone qualifies GATE, it means he/she has good engineering knowledge. That’s why R&D companies and organizations demand GATE qualified score.
Cracking GATE examination requires proper study strategy, determination and focus. It requires constant efforts towards each subject in clearing up the basic concepts to obtain good marks. Also, keep in mind that the GATE exam is much easy than other exams. This is a single exam in India in which around 15 % students get success. Otherwise, in other exams like IES, IAS – success is not more than 2%. So don’t lose your confidence at the end of the GATE exam.
It is time for the GATE 2019 Electronics and Communication Engineering aspirants to start their preparation in a serious and intense manner, but before that, it requires proper planning, a roadmap to reach the aim of GATE 2019 better Score. Aspirants need to check GATE 2019 ECE Syllabus, GATE Exam pattern, reference Books to prepare GATE 2019 ECE for better results.
Study Plan and Preparation Strategy
- Take a print out of the syllabus and mark the details of your comfortability over the topic and weightage of the different topic in the exam.
- Whatever subjects that are common to your current semester and GATE exam, or some tough subjects you have already done in previous semesters, start doing them. Don’t follow the Rattafication but build your concepts.
- Note the important concept and formulae alongside. Besides, while solving problems, whenever you find some important trick, note it down in your handbook. This would be useful in revising in the last days of exam.
- Make small targets, daily targets, weekly targets. At this stage, completing 3-4 topics including the mock test every day would be okay. Revise each topic completed, after 7-15 days so that you don’t forget it.
- Keep targets of 2 or 3 subjects in a month along with practice questions.
- Take a break of a day in between subjects, if you feel things are getting hectic.
- Google good portals for GATE in Electronics and Communication Engineering, join some facebook group.
- Have faith in yourself. Request your friends and parents to motivate you daily. The most difficult task would be to keep up your motivation high since the time is long.
- Don’t ever think about the results. Keep doing your share of efforts.
Practise GATE Sample Papers
Experts and Toppers firmly believe that one of the important exercises in GATE Preparation is practice with the help of previous year GATE papers. There are many advantages to this:
- GATE Question Paper Pattern becomes familiar and you can get comfortable knowing the pattern of questions to expect.
- The type of questions that may be asked in the actual exam can be generally gauged along with the difficulty levels of questions with constant practice.
- With more practice, you can improve your speed and hone your time management skills.
- You can plan your exam strategy by solving as many as possible sample papers.
The best preparation for Gate is solving last year papers. You get all of them on the GATE website.
READ ALSO: GATE Scores For PSU Recruitment
GATE 2019 Electronics and Communication Engineering Mock Test
The mock test is the simulation of the GATE exam and is online. Aspirants are advised to attempt it so that they get a fair idea of the actual entrance test. The GATE Mock Test will have an online calculator, timer and, will just be like the real GATE exam. So it is advantageous to attempt it in order to get a feel of the exam.
Not to Missed Guidelines during Preparation
- Preparation in the best manner that is suited to you. Scheduling and planning are very important.
- Prepare short notes on all topics during your study for GATE. This can be used for revision in the last days of GATE preparation.
- Ensure that you cover Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude in the course of your preparation. Preparing for them and doing them well will ensure a good score.
All the best GATE 2019 Electronics and Communication Engineering Aspirants!
We would love your inputs and suggestions to bring more useful articles for GATE aspirants. Drop all your queries or comments for GATE 2019 ECE on our Aftergraduation Forum or in below comment box and we would be happy to help you.
Stay in touch with us for updates on Entrance Exam Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams Information, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter, also subscribe to our youtube channel ‘After Graduation’.
(Image Credit: YouTube)