The State Bank Of India (SBI) announced the SBI PO 2019 Recruitment examination for the post of Probationary Officer across all its branches in India. It is an eligibility test for the post of Probationary Officer. The State Bank of India has invited candidates to apply for 2,000 vacant Probationary Officer posts, also called Management Trainees in SBI.
Eligible candidates can submit their online application forms SBI Official website. The deadline to apply for SBI PO 2019 recruitment is April 22, 2019.
This year, SBI released PO 2019 Notification on 2nd April 2019 to recruit 2000 Probationary Officers (PO) including 133 posts available for LD, VI, HI, D & E category candidates. According to the notifications released, the various information that will be required for preparation like selection procedure, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, previous year cut off etc. has been mentioned in the article.
SBI 2019 PO Vacancies
|Categories||SC||ST||OBC*||EWS^||GEN||Total||LD#||VI#||HI#||d & e# @|
* ‘Non-creamy layer’ OBC
# Horizontally reserved for PWD category candidates.
@ reserved for Specific Learning Disability(SLD); Mental Illness (MI); Multiple Disabilities amongst HI, SLD, LD, VI, & MI
^ reserved for (EWS) Economically Weaker Section
SBI PO 2019 Important Dates
|On-line registration including Updation/Modification of Application by candidates||02.04.2019 to 22.04.2019|
|Payment of Application Fee||02.04.2019 to 22.04.2019|
|Download online Preliminary Examination call letters||3rd week of May 2019 onwards|
|Online Preliminary Examination||8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019|
|Result of Online Preliminary Examination||1st week July 2019|
|Download Online Main Examination Call letter||2nd week July 2019|
|Online Main Examination||July 20, 2019|
|Main Examination Result Declaration||3rd week August 2019|
|Download Group Exercises & Interview Call Letter||4th week August 2019|
|Group Exercises & Interview||September 2019|
|Final Result Declaration||2nd week Oct 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO 2019 Recruitment
Essential Academic Qualifications (on 31.08.2019):
- Graduation in any discipline from any authentic university.
- Final Year/Semester students passed the graduation examination on or before 31st August.
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate who pass the IDD on or before 31.08.2019 may apply.
- Candidates doing Chartered Accountant are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit (on 01.04.2019): The candidate must be 21 Years to 30 Years as on 1st April 2019. The age relaxations for different categories are as follows:
|CATEGORY||AGE RELAXATION (in years)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3|
|PWD – SC/ST||15|
|PWD – OBC||13|
|Ex Servicemen, ECOs (Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers) / SSCOs (Short Service Commissioned Officers) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge (on account of improper behaviour or inefficiency or physical disability in their military service.)||5|
|Persons Ordinarily living in state of Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5|
Language Proficiency: The candidate should be proficient in writing, speaking, reading the official language of his State/UT.
READ ALSO: 9 Things Never Say During A Job Interview
SBI PO 2019 Application Form
- To register in SBI PO 2019, the visit https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers.
- click on CAREERS
- Click on Latest Announcements and download notification advertisement released.
- Read the advertisement thoroughly, check the eligibility criteria carefully.
- Click on Apply Online for the SBI PO 2019 Application Form.
- Click on Click Here for New Registration.
- Read all the policies and required information carefully and click on Continue.
- Enter details, like Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- Enter the code and click on Save and Next. After this, a Provisional Registration Number with Password will be generated received by you in message inbox and Email inbox. Keep them with you.
- Now you need to Upload scanned images of your Photograph (200 pixels x 230 pixels of size 20-50 kb.), Left Thumb Impression, and Signature but as per their specifications and click on Next.
- Enter the post you want to apply for, mention category, and other asked details. Enter your postal address along with PIN code.
- Check the details and click on Save & Next.
- Enter your educational and experience details, etc. and click on Save and Next.
- Check all the entered details, and if everything is right then Click on Final Submit.
- Upload scanned image of hand-written declaration (140 pixels x 60 pixels of size 10-20 kb.) in the asked format.
- Payment methods include debit/credit card and net-banking. Take a printout of the application form before submission for future reference.
- You will receive a registration id. Note it down.
SBI PO Application Fee – Application fee once paid is NON-REFUNDABLE:
|SC/ ST/ PWD||125/-|
|General/ EWS/ OBC||750/-|
SBI PO Recruitment Process
The selection procedure for SBI Probationary Officers consists of 3 stages: Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Group Exercise & Interview. The candidates have to crack Preliminary exams to move forward to Main Exams which will be conducted online, and the selected candidates will then face Group Exercise and Interview.
Candidates who get shortlisted in all the previous rounds will progress to the next stage. Final selection will be based on merit.
1 Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination, to be conducted online, consists of Objective Test for 100 marks to be solved in total of 1 hour. The test will have of 3 Sections:
- English Language having 30 questions , to be solved in 20 minutes.
- Quantitative ability having 35 questions to be solved in 20 minutes.
- Reasoning Ability having 35 questions to be solved in 20 minutes.
2. Main Examination:
Main Examination will be conducted of 200 marks having Objective questions and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Objective and Descriptive Tests will be conducted on same online mode.
- An objective test consists of Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, English Language. A total of 155 questions to be solved in 3 hours.
- The Descriptive Test will be a Test of English Language of 30 minutes duration with two questions consisting of 50 marks.
Phase-III will be Group Exercises weighing 20 marks and Interview weighing 30 marks
Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), includes both Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Group Exercise & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list. The candidates who will qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately will proceed to the next step.
The Marks of Main Examination would be reduced from 250 marks to 75 marks and the marks of Group Exercises & Interview from 50 marks to 25 marks. The final merit list would be created by aggregating all the 3 phases. The top merits in each category would be selected. Finally, Results of the candidates who will pass the Main Exam and Group Exercise and Interview will be notified on Bank’s website.
READ MORE: PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2019 Score
All the best for SBI PO 2019 Recruitment..!!
If you have any queries regarding SBI PO 2019 Recruitment, please post on our AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box and we would be happy to help you. For further updates, click on the notifications. Every new update will be added to our site. Share with all your friends aiming for the banking sector.
Stay in touch with us for regular updates on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, UPSC Examinations among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.