The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination (II), UPSC CDS II 2019 exam. The application process for UPSC CDS II 2019 exam has already begun and will conclude on July 8 (Monday) 2019, and the exam will be conducted on September 8 (Sunday). A total of 417 vacancies including those for SSC women candidates have been advertised by the UPSC.
UPSC has provided the facility to withdrawal their application who do not want to appear for the Examination. UPSC has decided to allow candidates the facility of withdrawing their online applications from July 15 to July 22, by 6:00 pm, in case they do not want to appear for this attempt.
The selection of total 417 candidates will get admission at Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Air Force Academy (AFA) Hyderabad, Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) Chennai as suitable for their profile and scored rank.
Interested and government job aspirants must check all important details regarding eligibility criteria for applying for UPSC CDS 2019 Exam, application form, Selection procedure, Vacancy details and other details.
UPSC CDS II 2019 Vacancies
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun (Course commencing in July 2020) — 100
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala (Course commencing in July 2020) — 45
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) (Course commencing in July 2020) — 32
4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) (Course (NT) commencing in October 2020) — 225
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai (SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course Commencing in October 2020) — 15
UPSC CDS II 2019 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Women are eligible to apply for Non-Technical course at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai. They have to mark their preference for OTA while filling the application form. Other general eligibility conditions of UPSC CDS II 2019 Exam’s are-
- Candidate should be Bachelor (Unmarried) in marital status. Male divorcee/widower applicants are not eligible to apply for these courses.
- Candidate should be an Indian Citizen. However, a Citizen of Bhutan, Nepal, Tibetan refugee and other migrants on the subject of meeting the eligibility norms and requisite certificates can also apply for the course.
- CDS Aspirants must be a graduate to apply for IMA and OTA. For INA, an applicant must have an Engineering degree and for AFA, both class 12 pass and Engineering degree holders can apply.
- Minimum and maximum age of the applicants should be 20-25 years.
|Department||Not born Earlier to||Not born later to|
|IMA||2nd July 1996||1st July 2001|
|Indian Naval Academy||2nd July 1996||1st July 2001|
|Air Force Academy||2nd July 1996||1st July 2000|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||2nd July 1995||1st July 2001|
|Officers’ Training Academy(SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||2nd July 1995||1st July 2001|
CDS II 2019 Important Dates
|Date of UPSC CDS (I) notification||12 June 2019|
|Last date of online applications||8 July 2019 till 06:00 pm|
|Date of examination||08 September 2019|
|Result Date||November 2019|
|SSB Date||Mentioned Above|
UPSC CDS Application form
The online application form for UPSC CDS Examination 2019 can be filled through below steps –
Step 1 – Visit the official website of UPSC or upsconline.nic.in. Register by creating an account (login id) and password.
Step 2 – Click on link “Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2019” in What’s New section and fill in all the required details.
Step 3 – Except SC/ST and female applicants, others have to pay the application fee of Rs. 200/-.
Step 4 – Upload your duly scanned passport size photograph, signature and one Photo ID Card.
Step 5 – Preview the completed form and if any correction is needed, perform it before finally submitting the form.
Step 6 – Take a printout of UPSC CDS 2019 submitted Application Form for further reference.
CDS Selection Process
The UPSC CDS selection procedure comprises of three stages– written examination, interview and personality test and medical fitness test. The written examination has two patterns- for Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Indian Naval Academy, the subjects included in the examination are English, Mathematics and GK and for Officers’ Training Academy, the written exam pattern comprises of English and GK. The written examination will be through offline mode.
Here you got the details about UPSC CDS II 2019 Examination. Wishing all the aspirants of the Combined Defence Services (II) Exam 2019 to burn their midnight oils to crack the UPSC recruitment test 2019. Have any feedback or queries regarding “UPSC CDS (II) 2019 Exam”, you can post and discuss with us via the AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box and we would be happy to help you.
Stay connected through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams and preparation, Jobs, UPSC Exams and Preparation, among education other information.