Candidates appearing in GATE 2020 Biotechnology Engineering (BT) must know the Exam Pattern, Complete GATE BT Syllabus, Best Books to study GATE Biotechnology (BT) exam, Preparation tips for better GATE Score as results. In this article, we also shared the scope of Biotechnology which refers to the study of Medicines, Agriculture, Cell, Seed technology, based on laboratory work, computer application and researches deals.
Candidates who have completed or are in the final year of Biotechnology and allied Engineering can apply for GATE 2020 exam in Biotechnology Subject. GATE 2020 will be conducted by IIT Delhi through an online mode in the first Half of February 2020. The exam will be conducted in eight zones across the country.
This course needs a different kind of preparation to have success in GATE 2020 Biotechnology examination. With the help of this article, you will get to know how to prepare, reference books for preparation, scope in biotechnology after GATE exam.
Books For GATE 2020 Biotechnology Preparation
Most recommended authors and popular books to prepare for GATE 2020 Biotechnology are given below in the table.
Michael M. Cox and Nelson
|Microbiology:||Prescott’s Microbiology||Christopher J. Woolverton, Joanne Willey, and Linda Sherwood
Michael J. Pelczar
|Cell biology:||Molecular biology of the cell||Bruce Alberts
|Molecular Biology:||Molecular cell biology||Harvey Lodish|
|Genetics:||Genetics||Veer Bala Rastogi|
|Analytical techniques:||Principles and Techniques of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||Wilson and Walker|
|Jenni, Stranford, Jones and Owen
Ivan Roitt, Martin, Burton and Peter J. Delves
|Bioinformatics:||Introduction to Bioinformatics||Lesk|
|Recombinant DNA technology:||Principles of Gene Manipulation and Genomics||Primrose|
|Plant Biotechnology:||Plant Biotechnology: The Genetic Manipulation of Plants||Slater
|Animal Biotechnology:||Culture of Animal Cells: A Manual of Basic Technique and Specialized Applications||Ian Freshney
|Bioprocess Engineering:||Modern Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology||Nduka Okafor
GATE Biotechnology Exam Pattern
GATE 2020 Biotechnology examination has the time duration of 3 hours. The examination paper consists of 65 questions which carry 100 marks. Numerical answer type (NAT) questions and multiple choice questions (MCQ) both will be present in the question paper. Negative markings will be there for MCQ types but no negative markings for a wrong answer in NAT questions.
|GATE 2020 paper Pattern for Biotechnology|
|Engineering Mathematics||Engineering Mathematics will have 15% of total marks weigh|
|General Aptitude||General Aptitude will have 15% of total marks weigh|
|Subject questions||Subject questions will have rest 70% of total marks weigh|
Preparation Tips for GATE Biotechnology Students
As we all know that the syllabus of Biotechnology Engineering is very vast and you should have to go step by step no hurry will help you here. With full dedication toward the study, increase study hours day by day and make preparation plans accordingly for the study.
- Complete trust in yourself.
- Make a Preparation plan (strategy) that is best suited to you. Scheduling and planning are very important.
- Study with the best reference books for the preparation.
- Make short notes of the important topic during your study for GATE. It will be easy for you to study in exam times and also during revision in the last days of GATE preparation.
- First study those topics which are important.
- Good coaching classes or a guide can also help you with this.
- Study with full dedication and concentration for at least 4-5 hours daily.
- Ensure that you cover Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude properly in your preparation. Preparing well for them will ensure a good overall score.
- Revision, after studying your subjects is the most important in the overall preparation plan.
- Go through the previous year’s GATE question papers. Practice those papers, to get an idea about the types of frequently asked questions. GATE aspirants must attempt both online and offline mock test.
Scope Of Biotechnology Engineering
- While having a Biotechnology degree students can work as Laboratory Technician/Assistant in various institutes and research centers, hospitals, Universities and healthcare center.
- The increase in the production of genetically modified crops and grains has raised the demands in the market so this has increased the scope of Agriculture Engineering but the study is totally based on biotechnology.
- After completing the Biotechnology degree students can work as a research scientist in many pharmaceutical companies as they hire postgraduates for such a post.
- Can apply for a job in the research and development sector.
- You can go forward for a PhD study in Biotech in India or abroad.
- Pursue higher studies in Biotech and Life Sciences.
- You can apply for the government sector.
- Get a job in Intellectual Property Research and Patenting.
- You can be a Teacher or a professor in your favourite Organization/university.
All the Best, Aspirants!!!
Share your inputs and suggestions to bring more useful articles for GATE aspirants. Drop all your queries or comments on our AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for more and regular updates on Entrance Exam Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams Information, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.