The Committee for Professional Accountants in Business & Industry (CPABI) of ICAI organizes ICAI Campus Placement Programmes almost all over the Country twice a year to provide a platform to both the Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants (NQCAs) and the organizations looking for to hire the best available talents to fulfil their Human Resource requirement. CPABI is committed to providing world-class placement services to young professional CAs in various corporations and business houses.
ICAI Campus Placement Programme, conducted by CPABI, is largely perceived to be the creation of a gateway for NQCAs to the industry. The ICAI job portal supplements the existing placement assistance provided by the CPABI to the Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants and Experienced Members by providing a converging platform for the potential employers as well as the members of the institute.
In a dynamic and challenging business environment, Chartered Accountants are looked upon as Complete Business Solution Providers. They are thoroughly trained practically in all avenues of Finance and Accounting. They can undertake responsibilities ranging from carrying out feasibility study, raising financial resources, compliance with regulatory framework, capital structure and planning, organizational development, installation of efficient accounting, budgetary control, information system apart from giving advice on complex issues such as joint ventures, foreign collaborations, amalgamation, merger, diversification, modernization, product pricing, BPO, restructuring etc.
Before the placement programme, the Committee organizes Orientation Programme for the participants with a view to brush up their soft/technical skills to face the interview process.
- Registration for the Nov’17 pass out candidates begins on and from January 29, 2018, and will remain till February 07, 2018.
- Candidates who passed out prior to Nov.’17 but could not appear regular campus due to certain reasons are now eligible for February – March’ 18 and their online registration begins on and from January 10, 2018.
- The last date of registration for both the categories will be February 07, 2018 and no extension of date will be possible. However, registration only for smaller centres will remain open until 28th February 28, 2018.
ICAI Campus Placement Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of GMCS is mandatory for taking part in ICAI Campus Placement Programme, meant for Newly Qualified CAs.
- Aspirants for February – March 2018 Campus are hereby advised to enrol (through Link- www.icaionlineregistration.org or may feel free to talk to Dr Mitali Pathak at 0120- 3045915) for GMCS at any Centre convenient to them and get it completed before the Interview Process begins in the middle of March 2018.
- Articleship should be completed by April 30, 2018, for the new Qualified CA.
|Clearance of Final Examination of Chartered Accountancy Course||Completion of Articleship Course|
|November 2017||Completing their articleship by April 30, 2018|
|May 2017 and November 2016 or whose CA Final results were declared in revaluation/re-verification after August 12, 2017.||Completing their articleship between November 01, 2017, and April 30, 2018, and have not applied in earlier Campus Placement Programme.|
CPABI Campus Interview Dates
|1.||New Delhi||7th, 8th, 9th, 10th & 12th March 2018|
|2.||Mumbai||7th, 8th, 9th, 10th & 12th March 2018|
|3.||Bangalore||8th, 9th, 10th & 12th March 2018|
|4||Chennai||8th, 9th, 10th & 12th March 2018|
|5.||Kolkata||9th, 10th, 12th & 13th March 2018|
|6.||Jaipur & Pune||12th, 13th & 14th March, 2018|
|7.||Ahmedabad & Hyderabad||12th, 13th & 14th March, 2018|
|8.||Durgapur||27th March 2018|
|9.||Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Indore, Kanpur & Thane||27th & 28th March 2018|
|10.||Ernakulam||27th March 2018|
ICAI Campus Placement Schedule
|S.No.||Centre||Online Consent giving by Candidates (Ist Round)||Online Consent giving by Candidates (2nd Round)||
Written Test /Psychometric Test (if any)
|1.||Mumbai||February 24-26, 2018||February 28, 2018||March 5, 2018|
|2.||Bangalore, Chennai & New Delhi||February 24-26, 2018||February 28, 2018||March 6, 2018|
|3.||Kolkata||February 24-26, 2018||February 28, 2018||March 7, 2018|
|4.||Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Jaipur & Pune||February 24-26, 2018||February 28, 2018||March 8, 2018|
|5||Durgapur, Ernakulam & Kanpur||March 22, 2018||March 24, 2018||On the day of Interview|
|6.||Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore,
Indore & Thane
|March 22, 2018||March 24, 2018||March 26, 2018|
How to Register for ICAI Campus Placement
- Secure membership of ICAI immediately after passing CA final examination.
- Quote the Membership No. or acknowledgement receipt No. issued, upon submission of Form-2, on the online portal for campus registration. Else, state by which date you will submit that membership Form-2.
- Quote GMCS completion certificate No. or mention its completion date while registering on the placement portal.
- For online registration please visit: www.placement.icai.org and generate your password.
- Then put your CA Final Roll No. to login at www.placement.icai.org
- Check the accuracy of the data already available on the portal concerning your candidature.
- Fill all the column/fields with care and caution as furnishing any inaccurate or incorrect information will cause cancellation of your candidature during the course of campus interview.
- A registration fee of Rs. 400/- (Rupees four hundred) inclusive of taxes, is to be paid online through Credit/Debit Card.
- Secure the unique Centre code such as DEL/MUM/KOL/CHE etc.
- In the event of not being selected in the bigger centre but wish to change the smaller centre, you can do so through the portal on 17th – 18th March 2018 (up to 5:00 P.M.).
- After successful completion of your Registration, take a print out of the profile and photo identity card and that is to be produced while visiting for attending Orientation Programme and Campus Interview.
- Attend Orientation Programme (which is mandatory) irrespective of the fact whether you have been shortlisted by any company till the date that event is held. Again, choose a bigger Centre for Orientation if you opt for attending an interview at a bigger as well as a smaller Centre. Else, you may choose a smaller Centre for Orientation.
- Strictly adhere to the formal dress code.
- You are free to choose maximum 4 companies of your choice and give consent for attending those interviews on the specified date(s) for bigger and smaller centres, in the event of not being selected at a bigger centre.
In the event of not joining the company after signing the Declaration Form, candidates have to pay a Commitment Charges of Rs. 5,000/ (Rupees Five Thousand) and such behaviour would be viewed seriously as it blocks the opportunity for others and affects the schedule of that company.
Special permission to Student Less than 21 Years
A candidate who has completed GMCS/Articleship but yet to attain 21 years of age to secure ICAI membership, is required to seek special permission through email at email@example.com, for attending Campus.
Highlights of Campus Placement Programme held in February-March, 2017
|Particulars||Campus February-March, 2017|
|Number of Candidates Registered||4261|
|No. of candidates finally appeared for the interview||3398|
|Total no. of companies participated||118|
|Number of Jobs Offered by the participating companies||1273|
|Highest salary (cost to company) offered for domestic posting||INR 21.00 Lakh (Per Annum)|
|Highest salary (cost to company) offered for International posting||INR 43.00 Lakh (Per Annum)|
|Average salary (cost to company)||INR 8.48 Lakh (Per Annum)|
|Percentage of placement (job offered/candidates appeared)||37.46%|
!! AfterGraduation wishes a very Best Luck !!. Here you got the details about ICAI Campus Placement Feb – March 2018. Have any doubts or queries, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article “ICAI Campus Placement Feb-March 2018 For Qualified Chartered Accountants” to your friends and a member of ICAI.
Stay in touch with us for more on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.