The online registration process for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2019 started today, January 13, 2019, through the official website. The last date for CLAT 2019 registrations is March 31, 2019. CLAT is the entrance gateway to the National Law Universities (NLUs) across India for integrated bachelor and postgraduate law courses.
The entrance exam CLAT 2019 will be conducted for admission to bachelor’s and master’s level law courses on May 12, 2019. This year the exam will be conducted by NLU Odisha, Cuttack (Odisha) in an offline (paper pen) mode from 3:00 pm onwards to 5:00 pm. The candidates have to submit their application form online at CLAT new website clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the law entrance exam, CLAT 2019 registrations for –
Undergraduate Law Courses –
- Students applying for the five-year integrated law degree should have cleared class 12 or equivalent with minimum 45 per cent marks or equivalent.
- For candidates belonging to SC or ST category, the minimum marks requirement is 40 per cent or equivalent.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. They have to produce the proof of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2019 UG courses.
Postgraduate Law Courses –
- Students appearing in CLAT 2019 for postgraduate courses admission need to have at least 50 per cent marks in LLB degree.
- A relaxation of 5 per cent marks is allowed for SC and ST category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2019 PG courses.
CLAT 2019 Registrations: How to Apply CLAT 2019?
Step 1: Visit the CLAT 2019 official website.
Step 2: on the home page click ‘Register/Login’ link.
Step 3: Register through valid email id and mobile number and then fill the application form.
Step 4: Upload the documents scanned copy.
Step 5: Make the application fee payment and submit.
CLAT 2019 Application Fees
The CLAT 2019 application fee is different for different categories, which is as follows:
|General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI category candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST/BPL category candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
The CLAT 2019 application fee is to be paid online only through net banking/credit card or debit card.
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam will be held through offline (paper-pen) process.
- Medium: The medium of CLAT 2019 exam will be of the English language.
- Duration: The time duration of the CLAT exam is of 120 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer of the question, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidate.
- Maximum Marks: The maximum marks for CLAT 2019 UG admission are 200 and that for PG admission is 150.
- Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 negative marking for every incorrect response.
Syllabus and Weightage for CLAT 2019 UG Exam
- English: English comprehension, grammar, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, the meaning of words, fill in the blanks – 40 marks
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: Indian Constitution, national current affairs, Indian geography and International current affairs – 50 marks
- Legal Aptitude: Constitutional law, jurisprudence and other law subjects such as contract, torts, criminal law, international law, IPR etc – 50 marks
- Logical Reasoning – 40 marks
- Mathematics: Basic arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, sets, mensuration. (The questions would be of Class 10 level). – 20 marks
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern For PG Course Admission
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Jurisprudence||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Constitutional Law||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Other law subjects like Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Total||150 Questions||150 Marks|
CLAT 2019 Participating Institutes
There are 21 National LawUniversities among few other Law School participating for admission through CLAT 2019
Please post your queries for “CLAT 2019 Registrations: Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus and other Details” on our AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Connect with us for regular updates, follow us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also for Higher education, Postgraduate Courses, Professional course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information.