The Common Law Admission Test, CLAT 2021 exam will be held on May 9 from 03:00 pm to 05:00 pm in offline mode, as announces in a notification issued by the Consortium of National Law Universities. The CLAT 2021 application forms will be released this Friday, January 1.
CLAT is conducted for 5-year integrated LLB and LLM courses. A total of 22 National Law Universities (NLU) and other top Law Universities consider the CLAT score for aspiring law students for admissions into BA LLB, B Sc LLB, BBA LLB, B Com LLB, BSW LLB, and LLM course. NLU offers 2,538 seats in the LLB course and 742 seats in the LLM course.
The CLAT 2021 registration form will have to be submitted along with an application fee in online mode. The last date to complete CLAT registration is March 31. The CLAT 2021 result will be announced probably in the last week of May month. As shared earlier, Prof (Dr.) Vijender Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur is the Convener for CLAT 2021.
Check here for CLAT 2021 Eligibility criteria for UG and PG courses, Important dates, Exam pattern, application form, and fees among other details.
CLAT 2021 Important Dates
|Events||Tentative Dates (2021)|
|Release of Notification||27th December 2020|
|Online registration started||1st January 2021|
|Last date to apply||31st March 2021|
|Admit card availability||To be Announced|
|CLAT 2021 Exam||9th May 2021|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria for the law entrance exam, CLAT 2021 registrations for –
Undergraduate Law Courses –
- Candidates who have passed class 12 or equivalent with a minimum of 45 percent marks or equivalent grades. For candidates belonging to SC or ST category, the minimum marks requirement is 40 percent or equivalent grades.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2021 UG courses.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2021 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2021 examination.
Postgraduate Law Courses –
- Students appearing in CLAT 2021 for postgraduate courses admission need to have at least 50 percent marks in an LLB degree or an equivalent exam. A relaxation of 5 percent marks is allowed for SC and ST category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2020 PG courses.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2021 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2021 examination.
At the time of admission, candidates have to produce proof of their passing the qualifying examination, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
CLAT 2021 Registrations: How to Apply CLAT 2021?
- Visit the CLAT 2021 official website.
- On the home page click the ‘Register/Login’ link.
- Register through a valid email id and mobile number and then fill the application form.
- Upload the documents scanned copy.
- Make the application fee payment online and submit.
CLAT Application Fees
The CLAT 2021 application fee is different for different categories, which is as follows:
|General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI category candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST/BPL category candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
The CLAT 2021 application fee is to be paid online only through net banking/credit card or debit card. The bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online have to be borne by the applicants.
CLAT 2021 Examination Pattern
The CLAT law entrance examination paper will be a comprehension passage based paper checking the aptitude of candidates for legal studies. In each passage, 5-8 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) type questions will be asked. CLAT 2020 exam was conducted for 2 hours in online mode during Covid 19 pandemic and the exam pattern too changed. There were 120 MCQs in CLAT 2020 and 2 essay type (descriptive) questions were dropped.
As per the current exam pattern, subjects at the undergraduate level are English Language, Current Affairs including General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability.
Please post your queries and comments for “CLAT 2021 Registration and Application, CLAT 2021 Eligibility, Exam Pattern, and other Details” in the below comment box.
Connect with us for regular updates, follow us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also for Higher education, Postgraduate Courses, Professional course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information.