GATE 2021 Mock Test: The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay has released the mock test paper for all the 27 subjects of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 on its official website. Candidates who have registered to appear for the exam can practice the GATE 2021 Mock test free of cost through online mode.
A total of 8,82,684 candidates have applied for GATE 2021. The exam is scheduled to be held from February 5 to 7 and February 12 to 14. The mock exams are released well in advance.
The official notice read, “These Mock Test links are for the Candidates of GATE 2021 to practice the Computer Based Test (CBT). The exact Pattern / Format of questions in the real examination of GATE 2021 may vary from these Mock Test links”.
GATE 2021 mock test will be a dummy of the actual question paper. GATE mock test 2021 is a stimulation of the real exam and will help candidates in preparing for the upcoming examination. By attempting GATE 2021 mock test candidates will be able to get familiar with the exam pattern and the question paper.
IIT Bombay authorities have released the separate mock tests for the various GATE papers conducted by them. The mock test will be 3 hours long and will consist of objective type questions for GATE 2021.
Candidates are advised to solve the GATE mock exams in order to practice and review their exam preparation and make it more perfect and score good marks in the exam. Candidates must also be aware that GATE mock test 2021 features will be exactly the same as the original question paper. Moreover, solving the GATE 2021 mock test will help candidates to understand how questions are framed in the exam which ultimately enables candidates to gain the confidence to attempt the actual question paper. Read on to get detailed information about GATE mock test 2021.
Features of the GATE 2021 Mock Test
- IIT Bombay has released the mock test for each of the 27 papers including the new subject added this year. Candidates can just click and use the GATE 2020 mock test for any of the subjects.
- The mock test is an exact replica of the actual GATE 2021 exam.
- The GATE 2021 mock test carries questions for 100 marks and is for 180 minutes.
- There is the facility of the inbuilt timer as well as the virtual calculator just like the actual exam. The calculator is available on the top, right-hand side of the mock test screen.
- The Question Palette displayed on the right-hand side of the mock test screen will show the status of each question using one of the symbols indicating answered, visited, etc.
- The mock test is a simulation of the real exam, so practicing the mock test will provide the candidate with useful inputs of the GATE exam pattern.
- The test will have a total mandatory two sections – the subject-specific section is for 85 marks and General Aptitude (GA) for 15 marks. The subject-specific paper will include 55 questions.
- The GA section will have a total of 10 questions. Question 1-5 carrying 1 mark each while 6-10 will be of 2 marks.
Steps to Attempt GATE Mock Test 2021
We have shared the link of the GATE 2021 mock here as released by the authorities. Candidates will be able to practice mock tests in online mode. Follow the below steps to practice GATE 2021 mock test :
- ·Click on the mock test link of the subject candidate is appearing for
- A log-in panel will open, click on the “Sign In” tab
- There is no login for the GATE mock test released by IIT Bombay. Candidates just need to click on the login and press enter to start the test.
Note: Candidates need to have a computer with a good internet connection, preferably broadband so that they could practise the test without any connectivity issues.
Advantages of GATE 2021 Mock Test
- With the help of the mock test, candidates can get an idea of the GATE 2021 exam environment and get familiarize with that.
- They can also use the virtual calculator to get an idea of its working.
- They can understand the instructions as well as the working of GATE online system.
- It will also give a sharp edge to your preparation. It gives an exhaustive practice on different types of questions with proper time management.
Why it is Important Practice GATE Mock Test 2021
- GATE is one of the most anticipated exams for engineering graduates. In order to get good scores, candidates are advised to practice the mock tests of GATE 2021.
- The GATE mock test 2021 will help candidates to understand how questions will be framed in the exam.
- Practicing the mock test will enable candidates to familiarize exam mode and exam pattern.
- Candidates who practiced the mock tests will be able to know their strong and weak points
- Practising GATE 2021 mock test enable students to understand the topics more clearly by solving the questions
- Importantly, candidates will be able to keep track of their time for solving the questions and overall time of exam and practice accordingly.
READ MORE: Multiple Options After GATE Qualification, Focus On Your Goal
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
It is important to understand the GATE 2021 exam pattern before attempting the exam for better performance. The exam pattern of GATE 2021 will give the working idea about the type of questions asked, marking scheme, and the number of sections included in the question paper to the candidates preparing for GATE. Better performance is the outcome if candidates prepare and understand all aspects of the entrance exam.
- The duration of the test will be for three hours.
- A total of 65 questions will be asked for 100 marks.
- Two types of questions will be asked: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Ability Type (NAT) questions.
- There will be 1-mark and 2-mark questions only.
- There will be negative marking for every incorrect answer. For multiple-choice type questions, a wrong answer will lead to a deduction of ⅓ marks for a 1-mark question and ⅔ marks for a 2-mark question.
- All those questions that are not attempted will carry zero marks. There is no negative marking for Numerical Answer Type (NAT)questions, while for MCQs, there is negative marking.
Sections: GATE 2021 will include the following sections:
- General Aptitude – It is mandatory for all papers
- Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)
- Subject-specific section
In addition to the mock tests, candidates must also use the past year question papers as well as the GATE sample papers to hone their preparation. GATE is a competition Exam, requires continuous passion, higher concentration, determination, and hard work to succeed. A candidate who will qualify GATE 2021 would not only open the gateway for post-graduation Engineering Courses (M.E., M.Tech, direct PhD) in IISc/IITs/NITs but also can have the opportunity to get placed in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings).
READ MORE: PSU Recruitment Through GATE Score, Favourite Career Option For GATE Aspirants
AfterGraduation wishes all the very best to the GATE 2020 Aspirants. Please post your feedback or queries regarding GATE 2021 Exam in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for updates on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.