USA based Law School Admission Council (LSAC) will conduct LSAT India 2019 on Sunday, May 19, 2019. The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a standardized, worldwide level entrance examination for admission to law schools/Institutions across the US, Canada, and increasingly many other countries.
LSAT India 2019 will be conducted in paper-pencil mode. Candidates need to appear in LSAT India 2019 to seek admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. LSAT India 2019 will be conducted across the 22 exam centres in around 20 cities of India.
By conducting the law entrance examination, LSAT India 2019, Pearson VUE will offer seats to more than 45 law schools of India. Interested and eligible Candidates must submit their LSAT 2019 Application form on or before the due date. It is a way of measuring the candidate’s reading, verbal and reasoning abilities which serve as an important factor in law school admissions.
The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is administered 4 times each year (6 starting in 2018-2019) at designated testing centres throughout the world. LSAT is administered by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), the USA for prospective law school candidates. In India, this exam is conducted only once a year. Through this exam, Indian candidates can get the opportunity to get admission in law courses offered in various countries like Canada and USA.
Here in this article, we have mentioned the LSAT 2019 exam, including registration, important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, Fees, syllabus, admission procedure, application form, and other details etc.
LSAT 2019 Important Dates
|Online Registration Starts||October 15, 2018|
|Last Date to Online Registration||May 06, 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||May 09 to May 18, 2019|
|LSAT India 2019 Exam Date||May 19, 2019|
|Announcement of Results||June 01, 2019|
For LSAT 2019, there is no specified eligibility is prescribed by the LSAC. However, the candidates should meet the basic eligibility according to that particular institution or university where the student is seeking law courses admission. Below we are mentioning some basic eligibility for law courses:
For BA LLB Course
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must obtain the minimum 45% marks.
For LLB Courses
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a bachelor degree in any subject.
- Minimum Marks: Must score the minimum 45% marks in aggregate in qualifying exam.
For LLM Course
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 3 years of LLB or 5 years of BA. LL.B programme.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure 45% marks in aggregate.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
LSAT India 2019 Registration
The LSAT 2019 Registration will be done online only through the official website of LSAC. Other than online, no other mode will be entertained to fill the application form. The registration process has started from October 15, 2018, until May 06, 2019. In case paying through offline mode, the applicants can remit the fee via order/banker’s cheque drawn in the favour of Pearson India Education Services Private Limited payable at New Delhi or NOIDA.
LSAT 2019 Registration Fee
- The online registration fee for LSAT India is Rs. 3800/- without official LSAT India handbook.
- Candidates can pay the application fee online.
- Only VISA and Master Card will be accepted for the payment of registration fee.
- No Offline methods i.e demand draft/pay order/ banker’s cheque will be acceptable.
LSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
LSAT India 2019 is a standard test of reading and reasoning skills which will have 100 questions for the candidates to be attempted in 2 hours and 20 minutes. All the questions in this law examination, LSAT India 2019 will be of multiple choice format where candidates will be provided with four options out of which one correct option has to be marked by the test-takers of LSAT India. The LSAT 2019 exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Sections: There will total 4 sections of the question paper.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 2 hours 20 minutes. For each section 25 minutes will be given.
- Type of Questions: The question will be of a Multiple Choice Question.
- Marking Scheme: 1 (One) mark will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in this exam.
The LSAT 2019 exam pattern is given below:
|Section||No. of Question||Duration|
|Analytical Reasoning||24||35 Minutes|
|First Logical Reasoning||24||35 Minutes|
|Second Logical Reasoning||24||35 Minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 Minutes|
|Total||96-100 Questions||2hours 20 minutes|
LSAT India 2019 Test Centers
LSAT India 2019 will be conducted in the following cities:
- North: Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Jaipur, Lucknow, Dehradun
- South: Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi
- East: Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Guwahati, Patna
- West: Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur, Indore
LSAT Admission Process
- A large number of law institutions/universities consider the LSAT scores in India to provide admission.
- Candidates with LSAT Scorecard can report to the college or institution where they are seeking for admission.
- Candidates have to follow the admission rules and regulation of that particular university or institution where the candidate is looking for admission.
Candidates are advised to visit the LSAT 2019 website regularly for updates. If you have any queries regarding CLAT 2019 Exam, please post your query on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. All the best to Law Aspirants and Start Your preparation.