The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the next CPT (Common Proficiency Test) exam to be conducted on Sunday, December 16, 2018, in two sessions. Students who have registered before June 30, 2018, are eligible to appear for ICAI CPT December 2018 exam.
ICAI CPT December 2018 Online examination forms will be available to fill up on the official website of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India – icaiexam.icai.org from October 04, 2018. Eligible and interested candidates must apply for the ICAI CPT December 2018 exam on or before 25th October 2018 to avoid the late fee.
There are 2 sessions in CPT exam i.e. Morning session 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM and Afternoon session 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM. Fundamentals of accounting and Mercantile law exam will be conducted in the Morning session and General economics and Quantitative aptitude will be conducted in the Afternoon session.
ICAI conducts CPT exam twice a year in the months of June and December. Earlier CPT exam was conducted on Sunday, June 17, 2018. To appear for CPT exam, a student needs to prior registered for it. AfterGraduation shares the complete information of ICAI CPT December 2018 Exam – Time Table, Fees, Exam Date Sheet, last date to fill the form, Exam Pattern and other details.
ICAI CPT December 2018 Examination Schedule
CA CPT December 2018 Exam Time Table has been provided below –
|Start of Online CPT December 2018 Examination Form||October 4, 2018|
|Last date to fill Online CPT December 2018 form (without late fee)||October 25, 2018|
|End date to fill Online CPT December 2018 form (with late fee)||November 01, 2018|
|Date of CPT December 2018 Exam||December 16, 2017|
|CA CPT Dec 2018 Result will be available||January 17, 2019 (tentative)|
|Hosting of Correction Window -I (without fee)||1st Week of November 2018 (for one week) tentative|
|Hosting of Correction Window -II (with fee)||4th Week of November 2018 to December 08, 2018.|
ICAI CPT December 2018 Examination Time Table
(i.e. Morning Session – 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST))
|Section A- Fundamentals of Accounting
Section B – Mercantile Laws
(i.e. Afternoon Session – 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
|Section C – General Economics
Section D – Quantitative Aptitude
Exam Fee for CPT Dec 2018 Attempt
|For Centres in India||Rs. 1000/-|
|For Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat Centres||US $ 300/-|
|For Kathmandu Centre||INR 1700/-|
Interested and eligible students can remit the examination fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card. They shall, however, be required to remit additional INR 600/- towards late fee (for Domestic & Kathmandu centres) and US$ 10 (for other Overseas centres) in case the application online is made after October 25, 2018, and upto November 01, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for ICAI CPT December 2018 Examination
- The aforesaid Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is open only to students registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on or before June 30, 2018, and fulfil the requisite eligibility conditions.
- Candidates who have applied on or before June 30, 2018, for Common Proficiency Course registration with Regional offices of the Institute / Online but have not yet been issued registration number, can also apply for admission to CPT December 2018 examination on Provisional basis; subject to their submission of a copy of their registration letter to the Examination Department at a later stage but before issue of Admit Cards.
ICAI Exam Centres
Total 196 major cities and places are located as Examination Centres in India, provided that the sufficient number of candidates offers themselves to appear from the centre. There are also overseas centres for students –
- Abu Dhabi
The Council reserves the right to withdraw any centre at any stage without assigning any reason.
ICAI CPT December 2018 Exam Application Form
- The Application Form for admission to CPT December 2018 examination can be filled online from October 4, 2018, to October 25, 2018.
- October 25, 2018, is the last date for submission of filled up examination application form without late fees and till November 01, 2018 with late fees.
- Aspirants for admission to Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is required to apply application online at http://icaiexam.icai.org
How to apply for CPT December 2018 Exam?
Step 1 – Visit the official website – http://icaiexam.icai.org
Step 2 – Click on ‘New User Register Here’ under Login/Register
Step 3 – Complete the registration process and then login with your credentials
Step 4 – Pay the application fee and complete the application process
Step 5 – Download the confirmation page and take a printout for further reference
CA CPT Exam Pattern
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy. It is an objective type MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) test of 200 marks of 4 subjects namely, Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude with an objective to test the basic knowledge in these subjects.
CPT is divided into two sessions of two hours each, in between there is a small break. In the first session there are two sections:
Section A – Fundamentals of Accounting carrying 60 marks, and
Section B – Mercantile laws carrying 40 marks.
In the second session there are two sections:
Section C – General Economics carrying 50 marks, and
Section D – Quantitative Aptitude also carrying 50 marks.
Each question carries one mark and has four given choices. The students are required to darken the correct choice (circle) with a pencil in the given OMR sheet provided in the examination. The original test paper along with the OMR sheet is to be returned before leaving the examination hall.
CA CPT Marking & Passing Strategy
A candidate for the Common Proficiency Test shall be declared passed the test if he obtains at one sitting a minimum of thirty per cent marks in each section (subject) and a minimum of fifty percent marks in the aggregate of all the sections, subject to the principle of negative marking [(¼ (one fourth) mark shall continue to be deducted for each wrong answer and multiple darkened circles for a question will also be treated as the wrong answer.
Accordingly, if a candidate secures a minimum of 30 per cent marks in each section but fails to secure 50 per cent marks in the aggregate of all sections, his result will be FAIL.
|Section||Subject||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
|A||Fundamentals of Accounting||60||18|
Please Also Note
- Last date for submission of online without late fee – October 25, 2018
- Please note that sale & submission of OMR examination application form has been discontinued w.e.f. May 2017 examinations onward.
- Candidates of CA CPT December 2018 Examinations will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium for answering papers. Detailed information will be found printed in the Guidance Notes, available on the ICAI website.
Here you got the details of ICAI CPT December 2018 Exam. Have any doubts or comments, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for more on Higher Education, Professional Course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information. Connect with us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation.